Tuesday, April 3, 2007

NEW YEAR CELEBRATIONS

By seconds’ arm tickling near to the XII on the wall clock, the lights go off for another second & everybody start greeting others on the top of their throat capacity chanting ‘happy new year’ in all the rhythms possible. Remaining in their glasses, schooners & bottles are than emptied into their greedy throats, smoke still bellows from their liquor stinking mounts. Hips swirl with boobs & waist at rhythm of some filthy English song & the party carries on through the chilling wintery night of thirty first December of every year. Every passing year witnesses more & more booze, smoke being passed through the rotten throats with emptying their purses & slipping morals down & down. This is the way I enjoy & welcome the New Year, how nice. I thus welcome the New Year so much that on the first January till evening I’ve to sleep tight. Without dance, party, booze, swirling hips & boobs how I, the modern man of the country, can go near to the polished society of west?

Remembering fun of the party last year I started early in mid November only. Caught hold of an agent to get into the party of the top notch in the town in top class hotel. He arranged for girl dance partner, the pool side table, twelve year old champagne for the beginning, to get real high in great way he recommended for the genuine scotch, special new year eve costume, dancing shoes, perfume, imported mouthwash etc. etc. I’m not a miser to count this all in rupees yet, for account sake I’d jot down it all cost me twenty three thousand only for a night. Later I noticed, my other friends had got hold still better party which cost them fifty plus, however how can one ignore the fun?

Back in the past I used to have my own resolutions say writing diary, keeping daily expenditure account, doing daily exercise, getting up early for morning walk, quitting smoke, booze & what not. Somehow nothing of these sorts did happen for past so many years’ even decades. Rather irregularity has remained the mainstay.

Any new year is like earlier year, yet there is difference. The difference of good & bad events. Our local corporater got elected from our ward, good event for him; next five years were bad for all of us. To change our destiny we forced another guy for fresh election next time the coming next five years were worse for us ward members. It was memorable experience for all of us at home when my son went to his lower kindergarten nursery. He’d realized in future the next more than decade of his fun in childhood was spoiled by his own parents, grandparents, uncles & aunties. Now, I say with grace that I passed my bachelors or masters in this year. Yet, when I turn back & memories those moments, it was nightmarish to have completed the studies & flex muscle to make money. Parents were more than happy as their kid has done something & now ready to jump in the real world. Whilst I was scared like hare, I say those initial few years were literal hell, every senior would come & bang me reducing me to drum. In the name of gathering experience I meekly took all that shit.

However this year the world has seen how important it is to twist arms of the weak nation, even hang their administrator in Saddam Husain for obvious control over their oil. Set one more loud & clear example of jungle-raaj on larger scale is what all is needed. Or even for the bigwigs even on reading sentence of punishment given time for taking care of their dear ones. Killers can got away with free hand, scammers got clean chit, advocates spoke lie & utter lie to save their clients from gallows …. No other resolution, I’ve decided to gain muscle & money power. ‘Cowards only die brave men never’, I’d add from myself to this quote is, ‘Cowards only die cunning men never’.

I write with all the might on my resolutions in my diary, the same resolutions keep me away from the diary for the whole New Year till it becomes the past. This time I’ve decided to keep the diary clean with no resolutions. Let me see if the diary remains written or clean as I left on the first day of the year, even without those regular resolutions.

By

Vijay Yelmelwar

No comments: